Monday, March 22, 2010

2 Years Old, letter to Emma

My sweet Emma,

It's hard to believe it has been 2 years already. You will have your 2nd birthday on March 27th. It seems like a flash, I don't know if its because you are my 2nd child or if its because I work full time or a combination of both, but its gone by way too fast. You have really turned into a such a little girl already with such a big personality. From the beginning I knew you were going to be very independent and always speak your mind even before you said your first word, which if I'm not mistaken was "No!". You make me laugh and I love your goofy side, you can always cheer me up if I'm feeling down. I love our one-on-one times even if its in the middle of the night. At times I still see my little baby when I hold you and other times I can imagine the little girl you are starting to become. You are beautiful inside and out and I'm so proud to be your mommy and can't wait to watch you grow up, even though I'm definitely not ready for you to. I love that you are so adventurous and fearless, that scares me at times too, but I'm glad you are going to be outgoing and I hope you never change that confidence you already have and willingness to try new things. I have had fun taking you to your "Little Gym" classes and to watch you try out your gymnastics moves and you seem to have so much fun as long as no one is using the equipment you want to be on...patience is not one of your strong suits! You get that from your Daddy! :) I can't wait to see how you like other activities like dance or sports and to see what you will excel in the most. Hopefully you got some athletic ability from your Daddy as well, but from the looks of your bruised up legs I'm starting to think you have Mommy's gracefullness! I know there will be many birthdays to celebrate in the future, but this one seems big to me because I feel like I'm saying goodbye to my baby and hello to my little girl. My heart fills up every day when I pick you up and I hear you say "Mommy, Up" and you hug me tight and give me a big kiss.

I love you more than words can ever say!

Mommy

Here are some pics from the day you were born and the present:

Snuggling with you in the hospital, my chunky 10 pounder!
The first time I saw you
Here you are today!
So beautiful!



2 comments:

  1. TEARS>>>>>> When I look at my grandchildren, I see my girls...and it still seems like yesterday, but 30+ years goes by in a blink of an eye..I love the mother you have become...I am so proud of you!!!! I love you so much, Mom

    ReplyDelete