Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Update on Emma and 1st school pictures!

I am going to do my best at updating this blog more often. I'm not sure who still checks it out, but I also want to keep it up to date b/c they are both changing so much and I don't want to forget anything. I can't believe Emma is 18 months old already, its going by so fast! I'm not sure of her height she was 32 inches at 15 months so I'm sure she's grown an inch or two, but she surprisingly weighs 28 pounds now! Sometimes she still seems like such a little thing and then she turns around and does something only a big girl would do. She is into everything and not scared of anything, loves to climb and run and tries to jump. We were at a birthday party over the weekend and she was having a ball climbing up this steep wooden playground ladder to the clubhouse and down the slide, pushing everyone out of her way to get there. She still hasn't said a lot of words yet, but neither did her brother at her age. She can say things like Mama, Dada, Bah for Ball, she tries to say socks and her favorite word ever is uh-oh, which she probably says 100 times a day. On Sunday when we were on our trampoline she said something that sounded like "socks off" b/c Aidan had just taken his off and she was pointing to hers trying to pull hers off. She has a love/hate for socks and shoes, she likes walking around in her cute shoes, but if we are in the car they have to come off. She already has figured out different sounds she can make to aggravate her brother, ugh! I see a lot of arguments in our future b/t those two! But, I also see a lot of love b/t them as well. At night Emma is so affectionate and loves to give kisses goodnight, esp. to Aidan. She will give them to Mommy and Daddy, but not all of the time. If I ask her to give Aidan a kiss she will usually do it everytime lips puckered out and everything, most of the time Aidan lets her, but sometimes he doesn't want to be bothered. I am still struggling with her at nighttime, putting her to bed is usually not too hard, I still nurse her right before she goes to bed but I make sure she doesn't fall asleep on me and she will go to bed fairly well. She loves her dolly and wants to cradle her under her arm. It seems like she might attach more to a doll than any of her blankees, we'll see. I took her to Walle World the other day and went down the doll isle and there were so many that make noises, cry, giggle, etc. You should have seen the excitement on her face when she saw all of these babies, she calls them babas, another word she says. So, if any family members are wondering what to get her this Christmas I know she would get excited over any doll that moved or made noise. We are still working on Aidan and his potty training, he's being a bit stubborn about it, so I am starting think Emma is going to be trained before he is. The other day I was playing with them upstairs and she disappeared on me and I went looking for her and found her in the bathroom sitting on the toliet (we keep all the lids closed btw), she was just perched up there sitting and I realized she had pooped and asked her and she just smiled. She knew where to go, so funny! As much as she hates getting changed, I think she will be more willing than Aidan to start trying. Another thing I noticed is how much she loves animals and is always petting and stroking Macy and trying to get kisses from her. But, any other animal we have been around she is always eager to get down and go check them out. One last note: Aidan and Emma's school pictures are in! I was pleasantly surprised with Aidan's school pictures last year and with Emma's this year, I'm not sure how they get the kids to stay in these poses. I thought for sure Emma would be giving one of her looks, but she actually looks very sweet, she still not smiling and in one she looks like she's pouting, but its still a cute shot of her. I really thought Aidan's were going to be better, there is one shot of him smiling that I like, but there was another full body shot of him sitting on the ground that I didn't like and their pose together makes me want to laugh b/c Aidan looks absolutely pissed that he has to get so close to his sister and put his hand on her, too funny! You never know what to expect with these school pictures. To all my family that reads this, you should expect copies of these soon, I know I will have plenty to hand out. Here they are:

Emma pouting but still looking cute!
My Sweet girl!
Aidan - neither Chris nor myself like his hair in either of his pictures, he had a crazy haircut at the end of the summer where the hair sylist got a little scissor happy with his bangs and cut them too short and uneven and they still haven't grown in, ugh! I guess we are going to let it grow out and then get it shaped up sometime soon. He still looks cute!
This is a cute one of him smiling, makes him look older than 3 years!

Here is the sibling shot, don't they look like they just LOVE sitting together! hee hee! Aidan must be thinking are you done yet? How much longer do I have to sit here?


1 comment:

  1. They are growing up so fast....such cute pics...Love you guys..Mom/Nana

    ReplyDelete