Monday, October 19, 2009

Fun making Appliques

I have recently had fun making appliques for Aidan and Cooper and for a few gifts. I made this for Aidan to wear to school this month to celebrate Halloween.

This is the first train applique I made to give to a friend's son for his 2nd birthday, I thought it turned out cute including the button's I sewed on for the wheels.
Then I started thinking how much Aidan, Cooper and really any toddler boy loves Thomas the train and decided to make some with Thomas material. The first one I made was Thomas and the second one I made with Percy material.



Here is one I made for Cooper b/c he loves Football!

Here is one I made to give to a friend who is getting ready to have a boy!


I also made one for Aidan and Emma that has an apple on it made out of red and white polka dot material with a green gingham leaf and brown stem. Now I'm going to try to make a few girly ones for Emma and her cousin Matti.


4 comments:

  1. Love the shirts!!!! What a great job you did!!
    Love you! Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Donna, the appliques are awesome. You are doing a terrific job.
    Aidan and Emma are just growing way to fast. I love the Halloween costumes.
    By the way the school pictures are great. I have to admit I busted out laughing at the faces they made in the picture of both of them. They look like they do not want to even touch each other. That picture is priceless!!!!!!
    Keep up the great work. One day soon we can start our own little businesses. Too bad we do not live closer together or we could have sewing parties while the kids play...
    Look forward to seeing more post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those look amazing! Carter kept pointing to them and saying "ball!" "bike!" "train!" They look really professional. I'm totally impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those look AWESOME Donna! I want to hear how you do it. Will would be THRILLED if I made him a Thomas shirt..

    ReplyDelete