Friday, November 13, 2009

Storytime and almost black eye

Strange heading right?! Well, it was last night and we were all in Aidan's room reading stories around bedtime. Aidan had found several books he wanted to read and he'll usually give me some to read, but he wants to read at the same time, and this night Emma decided to join in. Where is my camera when I need it!! Next time I will try to capture on film. When Aidan reads a book he will sit and say the same phrase over when looking at each page and will sometimes add in what he thinks are depicted in the pictures. For example; he was reading "the Lion King" book and on one page saying: "whama whaba whee, watta witta woo" and while he's reading it he add the indication in his voice, not sure if that is the right way of saying that. After he non real words he'll say while looking at the pictures..."and the lion was sleeping and so was the pig." Its very cute! Emma was watching him the whole time and decided she wanted to go over and find her a book and she did and sat down away from everyone in the corner and started reading aloud just like her brother, too sweet! Then, it was time to clean up and get ready for bed, so I started singing the "clean up" song during which Emma chimes in and to my surprise they both started picking up books and putting them back on the shelves! I wanted to say, what have you done with my children! ha ha! I got Emma to bed and then came back to tuck Aidan in and recently he has wanted me to stay for a bit and of course I don't mind. But, he was a little hyper last night and kept wiggling around and I was laying down on the bed beside him and the next thing I know his wild self head butted me on right on the cheek! Well, it hurt so bad that I immediately started crying and could not stop for a bit, I seriously thought I am surely going to have a black eye from this. I felt my check and it immediately started swelling up! Ouch! But, I put Aidan's Thomas the train ice pack on it for a while before I went to bed and woke up with it looking fine, no bruise, still a bit sore, but atleast it doesn't look bad. Man, what a night!

2 comments:

  1. How cute that they enjoyed reading together!

    And yikes, that head-butt must have really been hard. I'm glad you're okay! I assume his head was fine?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Matti has head butted me quite a few times and I know it hurts. I swore she broke my nose tossing that head of hers around.
    Hope your cheek feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete